Use an IP Phone System to Boosts Your Bottom Line
Modern communication alternatives are numerous, extending far beyond traditional phone calls. Digital advances are particularly ground-breaking, continually pushing communications forward and offering new frontiers for commercial phone systems and computer connections. One important distinction made between modern phone systems is the way in which data is transferred. Buyers now have a clear cut choice to make when implementing phone system solutions. Is a traditional wired system the best approach? Or does an IP phone system offer the advanced functions you need to make the most of modern communications technology?
Internet Phone Connections Create Communication Advantages
IP Systems represent state of the art commercial phone technology. The capabilities are not new, but IP phone systems continue to become more widespread, replacing traditional lines of communications for more and more organizations. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), or IP telephony, uses the Internet to connect calls. Traditional systems, on the other hand, rely on wiring and telephone networks created for specific purposes.
VoIP connectivity erases limitations imposed by yesterday’s communications standards. Forward-looking organizations, committed to serving clients and customers with the highest possible level of communication are good candidates for IP phone service upgrades.
There are several advantages to IP telephony, serving organizations of all sizes and specialties. In its infancy, the technology had weaknesses, like frequently dropped calls in areas without strong Internet signals. The alternative has become increasingly more reliable and affordable, so businesses, non-profit organizations, public sector facilities, schools, medical centers and countless commercial ventures are making the move to VoIP services. As you contemplate service upgrades, consider the following benefits of IP phone systems:
- Cost Savings: IP phone services can reduce telecommunications costs, at the same time improving operational efficiency, increasing productivity, and enhancing each customer’s experience with your organization. To utilize the system, IP phones are connected to your existing infrastructure, using established Internet lines to make call connections. As a result, IP service can be implemented quickly, without adding significant installation costs to your overall communications tab. When fully hosted IP phone solutions are selected, users enjoy hands-off phone system management, side-stepping time-consuming maintenance and removing the guess work from regulatory compliance. Using these turnkey, hosted solutions, companies contract needed service, in order to devote time and resources to core business concerns.
- Flexibility and Scalability: Connecting through an IP phone system enables users to make calls from devices other than traditional desk phones. Computers and smartphones, for example, take the place of hand sets for users needing flexible connection alternatives. In practice, well-executed IP phone systems enable users to simply use mouse clicks to connect with clients, customers, internal associates and outside collaborators. In high volume facilities, the function streamlines communications and increases efficiency. IP phone services often include unlimited local and long distance calls, supporting voice mail, dedicated fax lines, caller ID, call forwarding, and other virtual functions. Because each phone extension does not rely on internal hard-wired connections, these adaptable features can be easily scaled up or down, as needed.
- Phone Portability: IP phones behave the same way, no matter where they are plugged in to a VoIP network. That means phones can be moved about within an office environment, without sacrificing needed functions. Even offsite users can connect to LAN networks, and the VoIP system recognizes a phone and enables communication.
- High Quality Voice Connections: VoIP voice quality continues to improve, so selecting IP alternatives does not diminish performance. Modern IP users ensure the best possible connections by partnering with reputable providers. With the needs of your organization in mind, professional service providers ensure clear, uninterrupted service, using cutting-edge technology.
- Support for Remote Workers and Global Commerce: Modern commerce is a global undertaking, so short-sighted communications systems do not meet the standard for today’s multinational companies. In order to keep everyone connected, phone systems must be able to support mobile devices and computer based communications. Remote workers empowered with IP phone connectivity are in the best possible position to respond quickly and effectively to customers, clients and collaborative partners. What’s more, staffers equipped with VoIP services don’t have to be physically present to join meetings, attend seminar, and benefit from training efforts. IP phones allow for video and audio conferencing, which saves time and brings associates together in once unimaginable ways. Similarly, shared documents, reports, and other data can be conveniently accessed from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
Settling on the Right IP Phone System for Your Organization
Depending upon the particular needs of your organization, IP phone systems can be customized to include must-have functions. There are a number of ways to approach this type of service, so it pays to explore your options with the help of knowledgeable professionals, familiar with the latest advances. A few things to consider as you move toward VoIP phone service:
- Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA): Companies like Cisco and other telecom leaders offer Internet-enabled ATA boxes, which effectively turn analog devices into IP devices. In many cases, these adapter boxes furnish an affordable alternative to dedicated digital business phones.
- Wi-Fi Phones: Wireless phones with Internet capabilities fit the bill for many organizations. Supplied by Mitel and other vendors, voice over Wi-Fi phones are particularly valuable to organizations seeking to transition toward full wireless IP functionality – without replacing an existing PBX. The phones have some of the same features as regular cell phones do, but with enhanced Internet access and greater data-retrieval capabilities.
- Central Management: IP phone systems help simplify call management, furnishing remote administration functions for adjusting performance and customizing messages and other features. Hands-off, hosted systems go one step further, eliminating many in-house responsibilities, altogether.
Connecting calls through the Internet is a communications game-changer. As a result, increasing numbers of competitive organizations are enjoying the benefits of using IP systems – expanding functionality and better serving the needs of clients and collaborators. Is your phone system performing at peak levels? Or are you falling behind in your niche? For more information, turn to trusted phone system providers, to better understand the advantages of IP telephony.